Friday 3 May 2013

9 Bar Review!

Hi Guys!
 
I know I snack, you probably snack, we all snack. We just can't help it. Sometimes you get a little peckish in between meals or pre workout, I thought I'd bring you a review of two bars that I found in ASDA today.
 
9 Bar

I found these on a blog this morning, And HAD to try them. 9 bar is a company based in Wales (UK) where all the bars are made. All 6 bars are made up from different seeds and packed full of nutrients to keep you going. The seeds include: sunflower, poppy, pumpkin, sesame and hemp. They also include nuts in some of them such as: cashews, pistachios and peanuts. Seeds and nuts are famously good for different nutrients, 'good fats', minerals and essential fatty acids like Omega 3. Hemp seed which is the star igredient in the 9bars does contain all of the 20 amino acids that we needs in our body which are good for esentail health. The ones I've tried are Original and Flax. There are six different flavours all together. They can be found at supermarket or on their website here.
 
Original:
Weight: 50g
Calories per bar: 277
Protein: 9.2g
 
This was the first bar that I tried and is lovely! It contains natural cane sugar (which isn't like all the suggary sugars that are bad for you this is good!) which gives it a perfect level of sweetness to give that craving a fix. The layer of carob topping which is like chocolate is better than actual chocolate! The bar is wheat, gluten and dairy free. It really filled me up for a long time, which is perfect pre workout or as a morning snack on the train as brain food before uni!
 
Flax:
Weight: 50g
Calories per bar: 261
Protein: 8.7g

This was also gorge! With the added flax seed it did taste slightly different. Although I love them both. Thet do make a really nice snack and do keep you going. I'd love to try the other flavours. You can egt them at ASDA or on their website.

Have you tried them?


Rebecca xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Feel free to leave a comment I do read every single one and they all make me smile. I will always reply :) xx